Running Progress

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

FINALLY!!!

So I just found out that my promotion and title change are official! I had my review on February 24th (Mom's birthday) and it went fantastic. I was told at that time I would be promoted to Contracts Manager. I honestly have been waiting for this for a number of years. I watch as people who remained in my old department that I trained get promoted and year after year I was told I had a great year but wouldn't be promoted and maybe next year.

Well, last year during my review I asked my boss what I needed to do to get a promotion. I was told that he would be pushing for my promotion in the coming year. When our Legal Assistant left last summer and the new one is hired, I brought it up with my boss again. He had the new Legal Assistant report to me which was the first step in getting the promotion. He began to hint that I would have a title change and promotion with this year's review. Well, he came through. Not only did I get the change in title but I also got an 8% raise.

Was the wait worth it? I think so. If I had gotten a promtion sooner I would have either been promoted to a "Senior Contracts Associate" or an "Assistant Contracts Manager" or "Associate Contracts Manager." This way, I got the full jump from the Associate (now Administrator) level to the Manager level.

Having the review on Mom's birthday and getting the promotion really shows me that someone is definetely watching over me. :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations! You totally deserve it, and more ;). And yes of course she's watching over you. Hugs and kisses and I'm jumping up and down in excitement for you and Cooper is looking at me like I'm crazy. ;)

Courtney said...

Woot! You Rock! I've already told you congrats, but here it is again in public.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

And yeah, your mom is totally watching over you. :-)