Running Progress

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dog Fight!!!

Lupe got into a doggie fight on Friday with her BFF Nigel. They are okay and talking to each other again, but there was some blood drawn...and it was Lupe's.

She's okay, but has an infected paw at the nail. It looks like Nigel got possessive of his food (which was removed, but he didn't know that) and went after Lupe. Lupe must have tried to push him away and got her nail stuck on Nigel's id tag. Some bleeding but she seemed okay.

Saturday, a little tender, but still seemed okay. Sunday VERY tender and a little pus around the nail. So yesterday, I took her to the vet. She has a slight infection and will be on antibiotics (oral and topical) for the next 10 days. Poor little dog. But she got yogurt, doggie crack and a new goose squeaky toy from Nigel and Ryann. :)

Nigel is a sweet boy and Lupe and I love him so its not a huge deal. Fights happen between dogs and this was obviously an accident.

I had to take yesterday off as I really wasn't feeling good all weekend. A beautiful sunny day and both Lupe and I were too weak to move. Its just a house of infection between me and Lupe right now. LOL! I

No comments: