Running Progress

Thursday, July 9, 2009

In loving memory...

I just came back from being with my comadre Courtney as she put her cat Christy down. Christy was left out in a blizzard on Christmas morning almost 14 years ago and was rescued by Courtney. She was given a second chance at life. Christy and Courtney were definitely kindred souls. They went through a lot together over the years...and even when times were tough, they had each other.

My relationship with Christy was shaky at best. If I tried to go near her I would get growled or hissed at. It became a game to see if I could actually pet her without her freaking out. Sometimes I won, but mostly she did.

Its so hard to see an animal fade and hard to make the decision that it is time to help them by ending their suffering. My heart aches for Courtney.

Rest well Christy...may you find all the catnip and sunny spots up in the kitty playground in the sky.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Awww...poor Christy and Courtney. Rest in peace, Christy. Thank you for the joy you brought to Courtney.

Courtney said...

Okay, you soo freakin' rock. Y tambien sabes que you seinto igual. Cuando llega el tiempo para tu companero, yo voy estar a tu lado tambien, Comadre. :-) Gracias por todo. Ya sabes que las palabras no representan todo lo que siento.