Running Progress

Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

I can't believe another Mother's Day is around the corner. Happy Mother's Day to all those moms out there. Moms just rock...there is nothing more to be said.

Mother's Day is not an easy day for me. I'm not a mom, but that's okay, and its a day that I miss my mom more than most. Last year my family had my mom's unveiling. It was a tough day and I was put in charge of planning the entire service. It went well, but I barely held it together...actually, there were times I didn't.

This year we don't have anything specific planned. I know that tomorrow afternoon we have to go to a memorial service for the son of a guy in Steve's golf league. I was hoping to go for a bike ride on Sunday, weather is looking good and I need to train for my ride. Part of me is hoping to forget that its Mother's Day. I have no one to call to wish a Happy Mother's Day to. I guess I could call my Aunt or maybe my BFF...but they aren't my mother...and its kind of strange to wish Steve's mom a Happy Mother's Day.

Just another day for me I guess...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Well, if it is any consolation... I'd rather the day just sort of passed by myself. And I am a mom, still have my mom, and have a MIL. Don't know... just not so into it this year... to be honest, I never really have been...

Just how it is I guess. You'll be in my thoughts.