Running Progress

Monday, October 20, 2008

Surgery, surgery and now more surgery

So, update on my shoulder. Surgery went well. Loved the "happy juice" they gave me. Was off of work Tuesday through Friday last week so today was my first day back, man was I buried. Went for my follow up appointment today and that went well. I am out of the sling and the mega bandage, although they found out that I am very sensitive to the tape used during and after surgery. Sounds like my mom. :) I can now move and really don't have restrictions unless it hurts. Will be going to PT as well to make sure it doesn't freeze. So far, so good. And Steve was wonderful and so helpful...I'm so thankful for him.

Surgery #2 belongs to my dad. He went in for an angioplasty today b/c they found blockages during his stress test last week. This leads to...

Surgery #3 also belongs to my dad. He is looking at quadruple bypass surgery Thursday or Friday. I'm really nervous and scared for him and obviously he is as well. My mom, Poppi, and uncle all went through it and did well. I'm hopeful that he will do the same.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers...

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm glad your surgery went well. I will definitely put your dad in my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery.