Running Progress

Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday blahs...

Well, the weekend didn't go as planned. My brother's flight was cancelled at 8:30 Friday night. This was truly a good thing because the roads were terrible and I would have had to go pick him up at the airport. Plus, we got another hefty dumping of snow on Sunday, they day he would have left.

I ventured out on Saturday b/c I had to go to the bank to refinance my car. I got a MUCH better interest rate and a lower monthly payment. And the best part is that I don't have to make a payment until January 30, 2009!!! I'm hoping this is a sign of positive things to come. *Crosses fingers* Went and payed of the old loan this morning. WOO HOO!!!

My dad informed me that he is going to buy me a GPS for Chanukah. I'm really execited b/c this is really the one thing I wanted this year. Well, I want happiness, good health, peace, joy and all that other stuff but in terms of a material gift, GPS thank you very much. He also asked if he could give one of my mom's necklaces to his girlfriend...ah no. Case closed. *Sigh*

Yesterday was my cousin's son's 8th birthday. Called him to wish him a happy birthday, but he was too interested in his new hand held video game. Hey, I can handle not rating as much as a hand held video game, especially when we are talking about an 8 year old boy. Happy birthday Jude!!!

So, swamped with work. Trying to get things together for Steve' Christmas gift. Kind of down about the holidays, which is to be expected. Saw a bunch of things that I would have loved to get him if things were different between us, but not this year and maybe never. Life takes interesting twists and turns. I can only hope that this time next year, I'll have a clearer view of the road before me...

No comments: