Running Progress

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holiday Update

Just a quick update to let everyone know I survived the Christmas holiday this year. The holidays have been very different for me this year and its honestly been a struggle at times. For 6 years I was able to celebrate Christmas with what I thought would be my family and loved every minute of it. I learned new food traditions, heard new stories, participated in the gift buying/giving rush and even got to decorate a tree. I bought meaningful and personalized ornaments and stockings. Spent hours putting up the tree while listening to Christmas carols and then after New Years sadly watched all be boxed up and put away. Now, this is no longer a part of my tradition. I'm okay with my religion and my traditions, but I really did enjoy having new traditions and sharing them with those that I loved.

Am I sad? Yes. Am I disappointed? I don't think so. I just will have to make new memories moving forward and begin some new traditions. My memories of the six Christmas' I spent with Steve are happy ones, ones that I wouldn't change for anything. That's why it hurts and that's okay for now.

I truly hope that you and yours had a very happy holiday and let's bring on 2009!!!

No comments: