Running Progress

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I can't believe I did it...

"What?" you may ask...I just ordered a blackberry! I've been realizing that sometimes I need to be more connected than I am, especially since I rarely boot up my laptop and sign on at home. I hardly ever check Facebook (probably still won't do that much...kind of over the Facebook thing). I do check personal email, but only once a day and really never answer anyone. A lot of things I do on the internet is at work during lunch or before I start my day. My computer is just too much of a pain and too slow. It constantly freezes and often I have to wait 30 minutes for it to update and consider letting me log in. Finally, with being on the JLSS board next year, I'm going to need to be a little more accessible.

So, despite all of my claims of how I like not to be connected, as of Friday, I will be more connected. But I realize, I control that connectivity. I don't have to have it on all the time and I don't have to go online or check email unless I want to. Its not a work issued blackberry, its a Kori issued blackberry...so I control it and when I use it.

Still...kind of scared :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

congrats and good luck. I resisted for a long time and then once I gave in, life changed big time as far as connectivity went. It's a bodily appendage now LOL Love ya!