Running Progress

Friday, June 3, 2011

One more day...

until I celebrate my last birthday of my 30's. I have some mixed emotions on this and not because I'm closer to 40. For the last 5 years I haven't heard the story about when my parents found out they were getting me not have I heard the most horrible and beautiful rendition of happy birthday. Every year, except the first year I was in Mexico (and that's because she was in Paris), my Mom would tell me the story of when she first held me and how my brother went up to everyone to thank them for his beautiful baby sister. She would also sing me happy birthday and those who knew my Mom also know that she could not carry a tune to save her life! I do have someone who is just about as tone-deaf as my Mom so she normally sings to me and she does a great job in recreating the horrible and wonderful version of the song. But if I could just hear those both one more time...

Happy Friday all!!!

No comments: