Running Progress

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ouch!

Finally got in to see an orthopedist for my shoulder today. Had some extras, he moved my arm around and deterined that its probably impingement syndrome and not a tear. That's pretty good news. He wants me to continue PT and take more anti-inflammatories and call in 6 weeks if it is not better. To help start the anti-inflammatories, I got a cortisone shot. Which is actually 2 shots, the first to numb the area and the second the actual shot. OUCH!!! They told me that it will probably get worse before it gets better. Joy!

So, no golf, softball, swimming, etc. for me...still *sigh*

2 comments:

Courtney said...

D'OH!!! That sucks. Although it not being a tear is a good thing. Is knitting allowed? I hope so... no need to add that insult to the injury. Healing vibes coming your way.

Julie said...

yup, Bob and I are veterans with the cortisone shots - not fun! BUT...it DOES help so hopefully you'll be feeling better REALLY soon :).