Running Progress

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Knitting...knitting...and some more knitting

Spent the last 2 evenings knitting at 2 separate knitting groups. Last night was at the Spinning Room in Altamont. We were celebrating one of the knitters 99th birthday (which is today). Betty is amazing and completely inspiring. I truly hope that we are there again next year to celebrate her 100th birthday. I had to leave a little early to come and walk Lupe. It was nice to be around such supportive women...although there is one man that was there. Liz had quite the turnout and there was lots of show and tell.

Tonight I left work a little early and went over to Trumpet Hill to sit and knit for a little while. I also wanted to catch up with the Shopkeeper as I know her from before she opened the shop. It was a small group which was nice. Again, I had to leave early to come and walk Ms. L.

I'm just about 1/2 done with my second sock and am starting to feel inspired about finishing my sweater, modern log cabin baby blanket and maybe even lace. I hope to have more time (which it appears that I will have) to knit. I truly adore knitting and I want to get better at it. It makes me feel closer with my grandma and its a very productive hobby.

So, if you are a knitter and are on Ravelry, come find me, screen name kbeth.

1 comment:

Julie said...

going through 'butterflies and bees' withdrawal here! ;0