Running Progress

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

4 day weeks

So I heard on the radio that schools are starting to go to 4 day weeks, deciding to remain closed on Mondays. The normal school day will be extended by 1 hour for the days that school is in session. They hope that this will save on transportation, heating/cooling and other operational costs. My question is can't businesses do this? How much would it help employee morale for long weekends? I took Friday off and had Monday off for Labor Day and the extra time was really needed and refreshing. As Americans we work so hard and don't have long vacations or shorter work days, that I think its time companies seriously start considering this...



The long weekend was great! I got to meet Sugar, my Dad and Mary's new puppy. She's nuts and ALL puppy! Cute and fun, but a little much too handle, especially for Lupe. Speaking of Lupe, I realized that yesterday was the 12 year anniversary of her coming into my life. We have had quite the 12 years together and I truly cherish every day that I have with her.

Hope you all had a relaxing weekend and are settling back into the grind...

1 comment:

Julie said...

while that sounds great at first, it is a nightmare for parents who can't work 4 day work weeks and now have to figure out what the heck to do to make sure their kids are supervised on that day they aren't in school - what a pain in the tookus! If all businesses agreed to do it then it would work but they're not going to - not anytime soon anyway. ;(

miss you and love you!