Running Progress

Friday, October 2, 2009

Sinks

Last night I learned how to take a part the drain of a sink. Why you may ask? Well, yesterday morning I decided to wear a necklace and pendant I hadn't worn in a while. I couldn't see in the mirror on the dresser so I went into my bathroom to use that mirror. And wouldn't you know that the necklace slipped out of my fingers and the pendant went down the drain. Typical. Did I get upset and freak out? No...I honestly figured if it was gone, then oh well, it was gone and I was okay with that.

Well, I wanted to try to find it when I got home so I looked online to see how to remove the trap. Looked easy enough so I did it, except it wasn't in the trap. That mean it either was flushed through (although I didn't run the water after it dropped down the drain) or it was stuck up in the stopper. With my BF and her DH on the phone, I disconnected the stopper and in all the muck that builds up over a year was the pendant! Happy I found it...completely grossed out by the build up. Needless to say, I cleaned that sucker VERY well. Put the pipes back together, confirmed I didn't have a leak and I was good to go.

So, if you need to learn how to take about the pipes from you sink to either clean them or look for something you've lost down the drain, I'm your girl...and I won't charge you like a plumber would :)

Happy Friday all!!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

G and I are so proud of you!!!!!!

Our stopper gets cleaned regularly b/c we have a little boy who thinks it is his job to pull it out EVERY time he washes his hands... LOL. Not sure if that is better... now we have a pretty good sink repair in the works again.