Running Progress

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Can't think of one

Honestly, I'm drawing a blank on a title to the post...so this one won't have one :)

Been an interesting couple of days...

Let me start out with a belated birthday shout out to Bri and Alex. They both turned 6 on Tuesday. I'm lucky enough to be close to NH that I will be going to Bri's birthday party. I was at her first as Dad and I had found a ring that we knew Mom had bought for her before she passed away. I wanted to be there when Randi opened it. Beautiful and strong memory for me.

Yesterday I got a great compliment at work. I finished the first part of a multi-agreement project and my boss told me that it was great to see me growing in my role as a CS. WOW!!! I did a victory dance with Lupe last night :)

Speaking of Miss L, she and I spotted a coyote in the neighborhood yesterday morning. It was unnerving and a little tense, but I was able to pick her up and we headed straight home. Both the coyote and Lupe were totally fascinated by each other, but everyone kept their distance. I live in an area that has been developed for a LONG time and there really aren't any parks or overly wooded areas nearby. I'm also really close to the Mass Pike so to see a coyote in the area is strange. Hopefully it was just passing through and won't come back again. I worry about dogs and the bunny family (who lives in our backyard).

Training/working out is going really well. My trainer is really pushing me out of my comfort zone and I actually like it. I have another 13 miles to run this week (4 tomorrow and 9 Saturday) and I'm looking forward to both of them. Actually, I really am looking forward to my 10 mile run in a couple of weeks as that will be my longest run yet.

Weekend is going to be crazy and amazing. My brother is coming into town on Friday. He's going to see a college friend of his and will be picking me up on Saturday to head to NH for Bri's party. Sunday we have Jake's (cousin Brett's son) party and then Jay heads back to DC. I can't wait!!!

Happy Thursday all!!!

No comments: