Running Progress

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Its my birthday, its my birthday, la la la la la

Okay, so the song doesn't come out well by typing...but its from a Hoops & Yo-Yo e-card Steve sent me and a singing card my co-workers got for me. Gotta love Hoops & Yo-Yo!!!

So, last night we went and checked out the route for the ride on Sunday...oh my...almost all uphill! This is going to seriously be a challenge. Doing it alone will not be easy, Steve usually rides with me and pushes me a long, but this is something I tackle by myself every year. Its a healing thing for me. I tell myself if Mom fought as hard as she did for all those years, I can get through a couple of hours pedaling a bike, uphill, both ways!!! :)

Birthday is going pretty well. Steve sang me happy birthday (very sleepily) at 6 am and even included my Mom's famous last line. She's not around to sing to me anymore, so its his job! Got my card and a gift first thing. The gift was a baseball charm for my bracelet and there is a butterfly charm coming (it was on backorder).

BF left me a voicemail singing me the Simpson's happy birthday song...the girl can't sing, but I love it!!! Co-worker even brought me flowers...she is so sweet! And other co-worker baked cookies & brownies, although she had to go home early cuz' her daughter is sick.

So far, 36 isn't as bad as I thought it would have been...I guess its all in the way that you look at it and yesterday was just a down day for me. Still would love to hear Mom's rendition of Happy Birthday. Why is it that 3 of the people I care most about can't sing to save their lives? LOL!!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Because if I could sing, it wouldn't mean as much or be quite so uplifting. LOL! Glad to hear the day went well.

Luv Ya!

Julie said...

It's usually the off-key, bad singers that are the most sincere :) - I didn't make an attempt but I can assure you that I'd be in that club.