Running Progress

Monday, June 2, 2008

2 days and counting

Can't believe I'm going to be 36 in a couple of days...it just doesn't seem real. Already received presents from my Dad and Mary (2 Pandora charms, Queen Bee and Bird) and from my brother (2 Pandora charms, both butterflies).

Steve's extended birthday celebration last weekend was amazing! We had beautiful weather for the Yankees game on Saturday and they did put his name on the scoreboard!!! Must really care about him to go to a Yankees game... :) Sunday we went to the Cape and had an AMAZING time! Rode 30 miles on our bikes, had great meals and really spent some wonderful time together.

This past weekend, he was in a wedding. Unfortunately, I caught a cold on Wednesday, but still made it through all of the festivities. Steve had a great time, probably too great of a time as he seemed to forget that he had a date in me...he was Mr. Social that night which is normally fine, but I hardly knew anyone there. Also, when he is supposed to be showing me that I'm #1 in his life, ditching me at a wedding doesn't help. He did dance with me a few times, but he kept going to talk to people. *Sigh* Sometimes I truly don't know what to do about all of this.

Yesterday we went to Great Barrington b/c he had 2 baseball games. He actually got put in to bat in the 1st game and hit a blooper into the outfield for a single (and later scored) and he walked at his one at bat in the second game. He didn't get to play the field, b/c they ended up 10-running one game and winning the other. Was really proud of him and cheering my head off!

Funny, I didn't see any of his golf buddies, the guys at the wedding he felt he had to talk to or anyone else at the game cheering him on. Didn't see any of them waking up at 6 am so we could be at the meeting spot at 7:30 am on a Sunday morning...yet those are the people he seems most concerned about. Call me crazy...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yay on the weekend being awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you. As always HUGS to you... you know I'm here for ya.