Running Progress

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2 years ago...

...I lost an important person in my life, Steve's Dad, Forrest. Forrest was 63 years old and died from terminal lung cancer. He had smoked since he was a teenager to help him overcome a stutter. He fought hard to keep going and Steve fought hard to keep him living in his small home. I miss Forrest a lot, he may not have been perfect as a father or perfect as a husband, but he loved his family and wanted nothing more than his boys to be happy and to learn from his mistakes.

Forrest taught me about their family and their traditions. I will never forget the fantastic Christmas Eve dinners and how I was able to help him see a last one with his entire family (brother, sister, sons, daughter-in-law, 3 beautiful grandchildren and his best friend). I was blessed to be able to have helped the family say good-bye and support them through their grief.

I wouldn't have changed a thing. Well, maybe, one thing...having him still around.

No comments: