Running Progress

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ms. Lupe

My wonderful Ms. Lupe has a REALLY bad UTI. Now for you and I we can tell that something is wrong and do something about it. Unfortunately for Ms. L, she has to wait until her mommy figures out that the 13 attempts at peeing while out for a walk is not a good thing. Nor are the drops of blood in her pee. This was Saturday.

So I called the vet and brought her in yesterday. $101 later, they informed me that she has blood, protein, crystals and bacteria in the urine sample I had to bring in. Ever try to get a urine sample from a dog? Quite interesting.

She is on antibiotics for 3 weeks. The vet told me to feed her yogurt so that the antibiotics don't kill her stomach. Luckily, she likes plain yogurt. Actually, she LOVES plain yogurt. Hopefully the antibiotics work, the infection clears up and we move on from this one. She does have the beginnings of a cataract in her right (good eye). The vet said not to worry about it yet because its just like having a spot on your glasses, you can see around it but its kind of annoying. He attributed this one to age and not genetics (like the one in her left eye).

I have a very lethargic, sore and pouty cockapoo on my hands. But she is very cuddly right now and that's wonderful when its cold outside. :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Poor Lupe!! :( I hope she's feeling better really soon!