Running Progress

Monday, February 23, 2009

Closing doors...

Don't they say that when a door shuts for you, another opens somewhere else? My question is, how do you find the door that has opened and how to secure the closed one to stay shut?

I realized today that sometime we think we make an impact on people's lives and we really don't. Its a painful thing to come to grips with and its bothering me today.

On a brighter note, today is my oldest friend's birthday. I met Jill when I was going into kindergarten and she was entering first grade. Her family moved to my street and my mom sent my brother and I over with brownies (or were they cookies?). Jay and I were too scared and shy to go over, so my mom had to walk us over. Over the years we had our spats and we grew apart, but Jill was my best friend growing up and she means a lot to me.

Tomorrow is my review and Jay's interview. We are both anxious about things, but its February 24th. We both believe that things happen for a reason. Why would both of these things be scheduled tomorrow if she wasn't looking down at us and didn't have good news coming our way?

Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us. We both could use some good news!!!

No comments: