Running Progress

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

7:32 pm

Its one of those things that you just don't forget. 7:32 pm, Friday, February 3, 2006 is the moment my life changed in a way I never expected. It was when, surrounded by her husband, 2 children and sister, that she let go and moved on. I truly believe she waited to be in her home, surrounded by those who loved her most and then moved on to a place where there was no more pain, sickness and suffering.

7:32 pm. I stopped my watch at that very moment and have never warn it again. I remember the events of the day like it was yesterday. I could probably retell every moment. People have told me that it gets easier and the memories will fade. In some respects, maybe I believe them and in others I do not. I don't want it to be "easier" because living on without the single most influential person in your life isn't easy and that's okay. I don't want the memories to fade because I'm glad I can remember so much.

I don't dwell and I'm not stuck in a time 3 years ago. I'm a very different person than I was back then. In some respects I know she would be proud of me and in others she would be screaming at me for being so naive. But either way, she would still love me.

I love and miss you so much Mom!!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I know it doesn't necessarily get "easier" just the happy memories end up not hurting as much and become fond and happy once again. I truly hope you can remember your mom with joy and reverence... and during those tough moments, remember, I am here for you.