Running Progress

Monday, December 14, 2009

Cookies, cookies and some more cookies!!!

Saturday I made 8 dozen oatmeal scotchies for a friend's cookie exchange Saturday evening. I had thought I had all my ingredients until I went add the vanilla...the one thing I forgot to check when I made my shopping list. It was about 12:30, freezing cold and I hadn't showered after the gym. So, I went out in my sweats and a baseball hat to look for vanilla. I don't live overly close to a grocery store but there is a CVS nearby...success! My place smelled like warm butterscotch all afternoon! The party was a lot of fun and I got a bunch of cookies and recipes.

Problem is, how is one person going to eat multiple dozens of cookies? Answer, I'm not! CB and her family are donated food to a local family in need and my cookies are going in with the donation. They asked for assorted cookies, so assorted cookies they will get! Phew!!!

Yesterday I went to CB's house and she, Alex and I made sugar cookies. Well, Alex and I were trying to make sugar cookies, but CB was more interested in covering me with flour. She kept throwing the stuff at me or taking her floury hands and rubbing them on my face. I mean, really!

So, if I gain 20 lbs. this season, its all the cookies fault! :)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yeah, you were just as bad.... I had to wash flour and cookie dough out of my hair! LOL!

And we appreciate the help with our holiday meal family! And Alex told Daddy all about us three making cookies... in-between asking to eat more of them. LOL!