Running Progress

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Its December already?!

Wow, I can't believe it! Thought I would bore you all with a run down of my Thanksgiving weekend...

Wednesday - plan was to drop off Jeep for oil change and spend day with BF and her kids doing some shopping and baking homemade pumpkin pies. Plan was changed as Lupe had some accidents in the house (pee and vomit) so she had to go to the vet. I let them do the sterile urine sample and surprise, surprise, surprise...UTI. Looking at another 3 weeks of antibiotics. Jeep oil change went well, need new tires (was hoping to get through the winter). Pie baking? Well, besides Courtney throwing pumpkin all over the kitchen and having to run out and find the can stuff, it went okay. She did notice my right eye looked pink, I wear contacts, that happens. Although, when I got home, it was tearing pretty bad all night.

Thursday - headed to MA for the weekend. Picked up brother at the airport in CT and he and I went to the cemetery for some time together to talk about Mom, Grandma and Grandpa. He pointed out another 24 in our family that relates to me. Mom and Dad's birthdays and anniversary are all on a 24th (Feb, Jun and Dec). Grandma was born in 1924. Auntie Steffi was born in 1948. And I was born in 1972. Never made that connection. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Mary's son's firehouse. The food was great. Enough said.

Friday - woke up with my right eye completely swollen and crusted shut. Spent a couple of hours looking for a walk-in clinic that was open and accepted my insurance. Found one at a small hospital in Stafford Springs, CT. Diagnosis? Pink Eye...great! After getting my prescription filled went back to Dad's house to wait for family coming over for lunch. Randi, Rich and the girls and Bruce, Carmela and Michael all came over...along with a friend of my Dad's. It was amazing having everyone together.

Saturday - got those new tires for the Jeep and had to drive Jay back to the airport. Was supposed to get together with a friend from town, but she has 2 small kids and I had pink eye. Was not feeling great and tired, so I crashed pretty early.

Sunday - was supposed to head home, but I needed to get the tires check and the place was closed on Sunday...so, plans changed to head home Monday morning. Spent the day/afternoon with Mary shopping at IKEA. Lots of fun! We were going to head to Sephora, but I think she was shopped out.

Monday - tires checked and headed home. Lupe was not happy...she likes being in MA because she gets to eat lots of stuff I don't feed her. Problem is, it causes severe indigestion for her...she was feeling it and I think the antibiotics aren't helping that. I did have lunch with a former co-worker/friend which was AWESOME!!!

So, its Thursday and I'm back to my normal routine for the most part. Left eye is still a mess, hoping it clears up in the next couple of days. Lupe not eating or pooping much...Cipro sucks! Supposed to have handed in my self evaluation at work on Tuesday...haven't even started and don't want to do it at all. My boss isn't pressuring me to get it to him yet, so I'm okay for now.

Blah, blah, blah, blah...boring post to write...probably even worse to read :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

you must be exhausted! I hope your eye clears up asap! Love you!

Courtney said...

Hey, just 'cuz I threw pumpkin all over... geez. But it was super funny... and you and I still got the baked pumpkin, I just made FIL's pie with the canned stuff - he loved it. That eye better clear up soon! (((HUGS)))