Running Progress

Sunday, January 9, 2011

2010 Recap

Just saw this on my comadre's blog and decided I had to do it (besitos Court)

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Moved to a different state for a new job.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I worked on them and will continue to work on them this year. This year's are in line with last years...so yes I made more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I know of a couple of people that had babies, but no one close to me. 2011 will be a different story.
4. Did anyone close to you die? College roommate's grandfather, not close to him, but close to the family and he was such an amazing person.
5. What countries did you visit? Sadly, none...
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? I don't think I "lack" anything.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 28, 2010 which is the day I started my new job.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Landing my new job and having the courage and strength to give up all that I knew and move for it.
9. What was your biggest failure?Not getting myself completely out of debt as I had hoped to. Close, very close.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really...was a very healthy year for me. Oh, did have an issue with my achilles tendon for a couple of weeks, nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new car!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?My comadre for letting somethings go. My cousins for starting to run which got me hooked.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Some family members but I let it go. Sometimes people do things that they think will help when in reality they don't.
14. Where did most of your money go? Move, debt, vet bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Moving and my 20th high school reunion.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2010? Dog Days are Over, Help I'm Alive, Diamond Eyes...to name a few
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? HAPPIER
b) thinner or fatter? Same but in better shape
c) richer or poorer? Hard to tell, make more money, paid off more debt.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exploring my new city, visiting family in Florida.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying about other's opinion, doubt myself
20. How did you spend Christmas?Not my holiday. Christmas Eve was my parents wedding anniversary so I got Chinese and watched movies. Christmas Day I had to go to my Dad's for Mary's family Christmas gathering. I did get to see my brother but he and I had to leave early b/c of the snowstorm that hit on the 26th.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? With a man? No. With what I have done for myself? Yes!
22. What was your favorite TV program? I don't know...sometimes I watch too much TV and other times I don't really watch. Maybe Bones b/c she's a forensic anthropologist and its amazing that they made a show about one.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone, I may dislike people, but not hate.
24. What was the best book you read? Lost City of Z
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? 101.7 WFNX (okay so its a rediscovery)
26. What did you want and get? A new job and life in my most favority city.
27. What did you want and not get? Tickets to a Sox game.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Probably The Town. Gotta love a movie where they try to rob Fenway Park.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 38. I worked that day and then went to the Maychacks for dinner, cake and "Just Dance" with Maria and Lisa. It could have been my last day at old job but I gave them 4 weeks notice and not 2.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not missing people from the 518.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Comfort, sporty and feeling good.
32. What kept you sane? Working out and good support network.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Ben Afflick (see #28).
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Massachusetts gubernatorial race. Glad to be voiting in MA again.
35. Who did you miss? Peeps from the 518, especially Courtney and her clan. Family in Florida and as always my Mom. Would have loved to been able to share my job search and move with her. Its what she always wanted for me. Hey Mom, I moved back to Boston!!!
36. Who was the most influential new person you met? Leigh and her kids. Okay, so I didn't meet them this year (I've known Leigh since kindergarten and met her kids in 2008), but I really got to know them this year. As for someone completely new, probably my co-workers and my trainer.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. If you want something, go out there and get it!!!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Happiness hit her like a train on a track, coming towards her stuck still no turning back...or any line from the Dog Days are Over. It truly became the song of my year.

Happy 2011!!!