Running Progress

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Empty Tank

My physically spent. On top of that killer workout on Thursday, I ran 4 miles yesterday (41:43) and 6 miles today (63:01). 4 mile time was a little slower than my best (41:08) and 6 mile time was a little better than my best (63:16), but hey not every run ban be a PR...the point is to get off my butt and do it! I have spin tomorrow and Monday off. I'm also pretty dehydrated. When I'm at home, I don't drink enough water. Got a massage last night and didn't drink enough afterwards. Going to pump H2O into me as much as possible...must be near a bathroom!!!

I found out yesterday that my old boss is being let go from his job. He contacted me to ask if I would post a recommendation for him on LinkedIn. That's a no brainer! Mike is a great guy and was so wonderful to work with. He treated me like a human being and always was there if I needed support, both personally and professionally. You don't find many bosses like that...I've actually had 3, including my current one. I found out they hired a GC to take his place, she is starting within the next 2 weeks, but will not be located at headquarters. This should be very interesting. I worry about MB and others in the department and wonder if there is going to be turnover. I'm glad I moved on and am not personally affected by this, but its just shocking!

Well, I have some gift cards that are burining a hole in my wallet...time to bundle up and head to the mall.

No comments: