Running Progress

Monday, June 8, 2009

In loving memory...

Friday, I was with a dear friend as she went through the horrible decision of putting her dog to sleep. Nigel was a sweet boy who unfortunately wasn't well and a prisoner in his own mind. He was Lupe's first friend after we moved and they hit it off so quickly. Nigel was calm and happy when Lupe was around. We took them for walks together and made up stories about what they did when we were not around.

Today I found out that another dear friend and co-worker lost one of her dogs last night. Riley was a doll and just a happy guy. Riley helped me through a really horrible point in my life by reminding me that there is a thing called unconditional love. When I couldn't have Lupe with me, Riley was there. He was always happy to see me when I got "home" from work and even after I hadn't seen him a while, he remembered who I was.

My thoughts and prayers are with them and their families. I will truly miss them both and hope that they are in that forever dog park in the sky.

No comments: