Running Progress

Friday, June 12, 2009

Thoughts, prayers and hugs

Well, today is the day that my friend Julie's battle over cancer takes the first major step forward. She is currently at UCLA waiting for surgery for a double masectomy. She has decided not to mess around and is "shutting down the cancer playground," her words not mine. I don't blame her and would do the same thing.

Julie's attitutude and drive over the many years I have known her is something that I have always admired. She is strong, vocal and doesn't take crap from anyone...including breast cancer. Its going to be a long road for her, but her strength and the love of those who care about her will get her through this.

So, my thoughts, prayers and hugs are with Julie and her family today, tomorrow and for as long as they need them. Julie, you say others have inspired you to fight as hard as you are, but you are an inspiration now. Love you girl!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

thank you, Kori. I love you.