Running Progress

Monday, June 8, 2009

The Ride of My Life

Yesterday was the American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure. New route this year, new location and new outlook. I had a slight mishap at the starting line, got nudged by a volunteer with one of my feet locked in and feel over. Couple of cuts and bruises but I cleaned up the blood and rode on.

It was an AMAZING ride. Weather was perfect, beautiful rolling hills in spots, awesome downhills, killer uphills, fantastic shade, nice breeze, you get the point. At the end, a 1 mile sprint to the finish line on the verge of tears of pride and joy (I know she was riding with me all along and I really felt her presence at the end). A couple of friends came up to watch me finish and Dad and Mary drove up for the afternoon. It was just fantastic!

Mind you, I'm completely exhausted, but not sore. The 6 months of spinning definitely helped. The support I have received for this over the years means the world to me. I had rider number 46 which means out of all of the riders last year, I was the 46th highest fundraiser. Woo hoo! Go me!!! If you haven't donated for this year's ride and want to, please let me know because fundraising doesn't end until the end of the month. The money isn't important, its all of the support and caring that people have showed me that means the most. Although the money does go to a good cause and hopefully will help cure this horrible disease.

No comments: