Running Progress

Thursday, February 10, 2011

That big dog park in the sky...

I found out yesterday that a friend of mine is putting her dog to sleep today and my heart is just broken. Sydney is a beautiful white shepard who has graced her family with love and affection for 14 1/2 years. I've spent a lot of time with Syd since I first met her a few years ago. I would often house and dog sit when the family was out of town. Lupe and Syd were fun together...big dog and little dog just hanging out together. Recently Syd has stopped eating, had issues with UTI's and bladder control and is really unable to support herself.

Its not an easy decision to make, but I am always amazed about the strength of the bond between animals and humans...they have a way of letting us know its their time and its okay to let them go.

So to my friend Miss Sydney, I thank you for all of the smiles and happiness you have brought. Lupe thanks you for introducing her to "doggy crack". Go find your friend Riley in that big dog park in the sky and play like you've never played before...

No comments: