Running Progress

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today my Mom would be 66! Happy Birthday Mom!!! Miss you every day, miss you even more today!

Yesterday I went to Philadelphia with my boss for a presentation and training session with one of our clients. It was a LONG day but it went REALLY well! It was nice to meet the people I have only emailed or spoken with on the phone in person and it was great to be able to interact with my boss outside of the office.

Since I was out of town, I missed my run yesterday and I definitely paid for it today. Chris (my trainer) made me try his 1,000 lbs challenge. The challenge is to carry a total of 1,000 pounds up and down 2 flights of stairs in 20 minutes. My goal was to go for the full 20 minutes and move 500 lbs. I achieved that goal and then some. I moved a total of 700 lbs. in 19:46. I think he should either modify it to be 5% of your body weight or give women an extra 2 1/2 to 5 minutes. I can't move 2 45 lb plates up and downstairs, but I can move 2 25 or 2 10 lb plates. I didn't even try the 35 lb plates...I stuck with what I knew I could do. Oh and this was after a 30 minute strength workout with him. I'm thrilled with what I did!

If I wasn't tired after my trip yesterday, I sure am now!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Wow... he must be a sadist. LOL. Happy Birthday Hil!