Running Progress

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yet another snow day...

Sitting at my dining room table watching the latest round of snow falling...this is the first of 3 potential storms that is supposed to hit in the next 5 days. As of this storm, we had over 60 inches of snow. So that would mean if it was all still on the ground, I would be almost buried. This storm would definitely bury me though :) My landlord had his wife call me to see if I needed to get out today so that they could arrange for me to be plowed out. I'm lucky to be able to work for home, but it was nice to be in the office yesterday...maybe I can go back in on Thursday.

Five years ago today we decided to let Mom go. She needed dialysis, oxygen and probably either a feeding tube or iv nutrition...but that's not what she wanted. It was a hard decision emotionally but we all knew it was the right decision, there was no deliberation...we all knew it was time.

I've been in a funk about things, pretty emotional and just beating myself up. Its to be expected but I also know that I need to keep going forward. She would want me to remember her but she would want me to live. Just hard when your biggest cheerleader, best friend and mentor is gone. I keep going to keep her memory and legacy alive. My brother and I are her legacy and I'm so proud to be that...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Sweetie! I know she would be so proud of you! And she is cheering for you every DAY!

Super HUGE ((((HUGS))))

Oh, and please don't threaten me with the dreaded ear flick. Not that! ugh!