Running Progress

Thursday, February 3, 2011

5 years

Can't believe its been 5 years!!! I think of you every day. Sometimes it makes me smile. Sometimes it makes me cry. Sometimes it makes me feel loved. And sometimes it makes me feel so alone. Things weren't always perfect, we definitely had our differences. You wanted the best for me and I wanted to be able to experience things. You were right, of course.

You loved me unconditionally from the moment you first held me. I never went a day without knowing how much you cared for me and for Jay. I keep that love with me always and I miss it so much. I learned so much from you, you were my mentor, my best friend, something and someone you can never replace. I am who I am because of all that you did for me and all that you taught me.

I bought a new necklace to remind me of you. Its a simply heart inlaid with diamonds. Wearing it for the first time today. Everyone tells me that you are always with me. I keep you in my heart and now I have a physical representation of that. Forever in my heart. How appropriate.

I love and miss you Mom.

No comments: